Thursday, December 28, 2006

Auto Drivers of Chennai!!!

People,

A weird kind of incident happened to me once, last week for me. I caught an auto from our auto stand which i usually take and it is always i pay Rs.50 for a 4.5 KM drive from R.A.Puram to G.N.chetty road, Tnagar. The usual driver did not tell me anything initially and after .5KM he started to wine and crib, stating that "today is a bandh day and i have taken out the auto out of risk". Then i started to look around and there was n number of autos roaming around. He said "'no' 'no' it is strike today and not all are participating and still it is a risk". I thought out of a good will, me as a regular passenger to him, he is driving for me. But still i saw lot of autos around. I got dropped at my office, and this driver said, you need to pay double rate today, meaning to Rs.100. I got startled. I asked, why? He said out of risk he has brought me to the office. I asked what risk he took. He could not answer. But still he demanded for Rs.100. I said, "I come regularly from your auto stand and still I can give only Rs.50 and more than that I did not hear any news in the radio/tv that there is going to be a strike today". Meanwhile, the office securities who were standing in the front of my office came to my rescue and finally i paid only Rs.50 at last after a while of arguement.

People, tell me what is the written rule, that we need to pay double amount of our usual auto charge, if there is a bandh? Is it a way for the auto drivers to make quick money.

During Bandh, rain, unusual events, they try to make quick money and who has to be blamed on these type of begging? Why the auto drivers of Chennai, are creating mental agony to the passengers in these kind of different ways? Does they want to make quick money? OR they want to stay as auto driver for ever in their life by pressurizing us and get our hidden curses?

No comments: