Thursday, December 7, 2006

Can we run a drive against spitting in the Chennai City?


Can we run a drive against spitting in the Chennai City?

One scene : I took an auto from R.A.Puram to TNagar. This auto guy demanded Rs.50 for just 4.5 Km and i just accepted with out any argument. The time he started to drive he spit once on his right hand side. I just flinched and came to the left extreme of my seat in the auto and somehow managed not to catch the "Spit" in my office wear. After .5Km there was a signal. This guy stopped the vehicle and spitted on the road in the left hand side. I immediately flinched and went to the right extreme of my seat. Oh..God..somehow managed not to have the glimpse of his spit and hopped to left and right of my seat like a kangarooooooo. Like this the same process went on every now and then and i reached TNagar after 10-15 times of spitting by him and me avoiding it to have a look at it. Oh..god it was so frustrating and gross also.

Same time i started to look around also and in this chennai city, people have a generic habbit of spitting in the city very casually and it is not considered as a wrong doing or a mannersless doing. I am feeling very bad and want to educate everyone of these people not to spit in the city and spoil the roads and make an awareness on the health ground.

Will anyone listen if I start telling everyone not to spit on the roads and public places?

Can anyone join with me in this drive?

----

No comments: