Monday, November 20, 2006

My Honest Maid

14 years before i was introduced to my maid called 'sakkubai' by my mother-in-law. She was working for my mother in law in the morning and evening. She is a very very good human. Never never we could find such a kind of honest woman in the world. She is so attached with us. She has a son and a daughter. Both of them got married and were staying near by our nagar only. She loves my daughter like her own kid. When my daughter was 1 year she started to take care of her when i went to my work. She used to lift my daughter to her school when she was in L.K.G. She used to feed and take care of my kids like heaven. She is so attached. But my husband is little bit in difference in treating her. She eats lot of pawn and my husband never likes her, because she used to look little bit ugly too. She never takes bath unless otherwise we keep insisting her.

But i always look at her heart. So plain and so honest. One should have experienced her honesty and cleanliness in her mind. We always call her 'Ayah'. Meanwhile for a period of 3 years we had to go to US and still she was working for my mother in law looking after all her household work. Once we came back from US and settled down, she came back to us to work with us. She is very loyal to us and never never touches anything from our rooms. Even if we keep a lakh rupees she will never touches it. Once my husband kept around Rs.1000 in his jogging pants, and put it to wash. She just gave back and said, it was there in the pants while she was washing. Once i left our bedroom door open with all almirahs open and still she was sitting at the hall telling me she got afraid to see that i forgot to lock the room and she was sitting beside it all day. What a woman she is.....I cannot forget her in my life. At times we used to yell at her, but still she loves us.

She gives aways all her earned money to her son every month. She never keeps any money with her. She always says, she does not need any money for herself at all. We give all basic necessary things to live with, so she never expects anything else from anyone of us. Eating habits used to be so good with her. She never even picks up one banana in our absence. She waits everyday for me to come home to get a coffee....Oh my god.....she is a great lady. She takes care of my house and its neatness like anything and never allows me to do any single cleaning job. Good hearted lady she is.........

Today, her son came and picked her up stating that she has become very aged and old, and everyone of his relative is questioning him it seems, stating that why he has allowed her in another person's place. Therefore , without any heart i Sent her away, begging her son to look after well...

She is a good woman indeed and was an attached person with me. I think today, whole day she will be crying all alone, as she loves me and my children. She could not part from us, this morning and started to weep like a kid. But what to do, even thinking of her age, even i had to make her go.........

Now, i am doomed with out a honest, nice, loyal servant who never complains, never wanting to eat tooooooo much and without any expectations. I have never treated her like a servant and always thought she is one of our family member. She is good and beautiful in her heart.

Let GOD make her happy at her son's residence.

A weeping soul for a honest maid..........

No comments: