Sunday, May 25, 2008

Back to Square One!!!

For a longer time, i did not write in my blog. I can't say that i did not had time. But I would say, there was no inclination towards writing. Well....... now I have the full blown mood to share things.
I had to travel to US on business and it was an excellent trip, according to me. This place called 'Grand Rapids' is a small town at Michigan and nearby the lake Michigan. Excellent landscapes, less population, well mannered people etc..etc... I had to go alone and was placed in a small hotel called Hampton Inn. I just spent my time other than the business hours at Grand Rapids by roaming around clyde park and in around the small hills there with lot of shopping. It was good to have small walk around the place and it had small creeks. First of all i just loved to see the regulated traffic after 4 years. It is enjoyable to watch a place where no one spits around.
I had to go to my business and come back to the room by cab called Green Chaueffuer. It is being run by two women called Linda and Debby. These two women charged $7 per trip initially and while travelling she asked me where we are working and in which field etc..and Once she came to know that we are in software field, they raised the minimum charge to $10....quite funny. I watched all the eposodes of 'Everybody loves Raymond' my favorite sitcom! One of the week end, my nephew came and took me to the nearby place called Holland and it was a very good experience in going out at 42F and it was too cold over there. I felt very nice after seeing ocean of tulips over there. My recent favorite flower is nothing but different coloured Tulips.

Then we went to sears towers at Chicago and reached the 103 floors in 1.5 mts. Wow!!! It was amazing to watch Chicago in sea of lights. It was like watching a light factory!!! Then finally a good food at Devon street and ended up at cousin's place.
Two small kids of my cousin fascinated me and reminded me of my 'chitthi' a lot.







While coming back had a good time with my collegue called Shraddha at Chicago airport. There was a smll confusion at the ticket confirmation while checking in...and all ended well...


Hmmm...a good trip indeed.




In my next blog, I will share the experience I had once I came back home. One month without any family clutches, it was so good. Hotel room, business. These were the two to be known for a month and nothing pondered the brain other than those two. It was like flying in the air for me, as if I had wings for a month. But one should know, how tough, and how a woman who balances the career and home front and it is an herculean task indeed!!!

















































No comments: